Thursday, May 18

Champions League Final '06

Damnit! Why Barcelona? I mean, Ronaldinho IS the best football player at the moment, and there's a reason why they are called the "aliens". Maybe they needed this title, maybe they didn't. What I'm trying to say is: remember Real Madrid in '03 - '04? They were the best team on the planet, no one could deny it. But then they used their popularity to buy the hottest players in Europe at that time, like Beckham and Zidane. Then what happened? They lost their team unity, the smoothness of their play. Nothing truly important has been heard from them since then.

I like Arsenal. Mainly because I love british football. Even though Wenger's choice of creating an all foreigner team somewhat dulled the feeling, I respect because ... well, look where he got to! Though, in this game, he used (as I recall) two english players, so maybe a slow comeback will start.

Barcelona won, and that is that. It was a beautiful game, truly worthy of such a final. Let's look up to next year. If Barca wins again, I'm afraid they'll go the same path as Real Madrid.

Now that's a scary thought.

Death by football euphoria.


No comments:

A casual, humorous blog about the things I meet in life. Have fun! ;)

About Me

Yo! The name's Dan, aged 15 (lovin' this period), living in the city of Brasov, Romania. So you can better know me, here's a list of things I love and hate: I love - humor, sarcasm, gaming, computers, literature, philosophy, punk rock music, comedy/fantasy/horror movies and the big breasted sex. =D I detest - lack of humor, uniforms/suits, excess of order, emo, bitching/whining, barbie girls, fake politics and dumbass, blind american kids.

Blog Archive

Labels

My picture

My picture
Madeline & Me