Friday, May 19

Bird Flu

Is only 5 kilometers away from me!! No serious, take a good look at where I live, then watch the news. Yup, in a place called Codlea, 5 km from Brasov.

How are the people feeling like here? Well, the buying of chicken in the country has been reduced to half, many stores/factories feeling it. In fact, the place where it was first spotted was a chicken factory with 120.000 chickens; they can't even kill them all. The people are aware of what the flu can do, and stay away from it. Though, the rural population fears it greatly, first because they are not well informed, secondly because, if somebody finds a dead chicken in their home, they hide it quickly and either burn it or bury it. Once the police or vets find a bird, they kill ALL the lifestock of this kind in the entire village, and start searching in nearby locations for signs of the flu.

And this is a good thing. Why? Well, you, my friend, benefit from it. Look at Turkey and how are they handling it:

Villager: Ohmigosh, a dead bird!! H5N1 has been confirmed on it!!!
Turkish Government: Meh.

We, Romanians, neutralize and quarantine the place immediatly, days before it is confirmed. You people should be glad, we are the gateway of the bird flu towards Europe.

And now some data about the problem: yesterday morning, there were 10 pest holes. 5 hours later, there were 12, today at school a friend of mine told me there were 16. Just now I looked on a news site, there were 18. By the time you read this, be sure that there even more. Why? Because there already are 23 (!) suspicions. There are 11 people suspected to carry the disease in just 3 days.

The situation is bound to get even more nasty in the next few days or maybe even weeks.


Death by bird flu.

No comments:

A casual, humorous blog about the things I meet in life. Have fun! ;)

About Me

Yo! The name's Dan, aged 15 (lovin' this period), living in the city of Brasov, Romania. So you can better know me, here's a list of things I love and hate: I love - humor, sarcasm, gaming, computers, literature, philosophy, punk rock music, comedy/fantasy/horror movies and the big breasted sex. =D I detest - lack of humor, uniforms/suits, excess of order, emo, bitching/whining, barbie girls, fake politics and dumbass, blind american kids.

Blog Archive

Labels

My picture

My picture
Madeline & Me