Wednesday, May 24

Realistic?

Today I went to my tutoring lessons for the Romanian Discipline. Bla Bla Bla, at a certain moment we were talking about how one of my collegues at tutoring has been evacuated because of the quarantine in the neighborhood she lived in, a part of Brasov. Not too long after this, we arrived at the subject of whether or not Bird Flu will mutate and transmite from human to human:

Tutor : Well this hasn't happened, as far as I know.
Me : Yet.
Tutor: ...
Tutor: You know what? You're killing me everytime you come here (she's quite old, by the way). You are either sadic or simply macabre.

I'm thinking she exagerated a bit about the last part. Anyway, the discussion continued ever more until the debate of whether or not being realistic equals being pessimistic.

It's quite odd, when being realistic and predicting bad things, this being your point of view, are you automaticly tagged as pessimistic (and vice-versa) ? Does a nation or an institution shun realistic-pessimistic people because they might influence the population, or sometimes, tell them true things that should not be said, in fear of causing doubt/panic/fright/revolution?

Yet the ultimate question remains rock solid: When is someone realistic? Maybe some answers about pessimism and optimism can be given with just one sentence, a quote by someone who's name I sadly cannot remember:


The optimist believes that the world is perfect, and the pessimist fears this is
true.


Death by lack of wisdom.

No comments:

A casual, humorous blog about the things I meet in life. Have fun! ;)

About Me

Yo! The name's Dan, aged 15 (lovin' this period), living in the city of Brasov, Romania. So you can better know me, here's a list of things I love and hate: I love - humor, sarcasm, gaming, computers, literature, philosophy, punk rock music, comedy/fantasy/horror movies and the big breasted sex. =D I detest - lack of humor, uniforms/suits, excess of order, emo, bitching/whining, barbie girls, fake politics and dumbass, blind american kids.

Blog Archive

Labels

My picture

My picture
Madeline & Me